Happy November! Ah, the month of daylight savings time (boo), Thanksgiving (yay) and Black Friday (yay, if that’s your style). However, just because November is the month of the big Thanksgiving feast, doesn’t mean it should be full of unhealthy eating. This month, I will be posting recipes for your big day that are healthy and delicious. Today, its the beautiful NO-BAKE Apple Tart from Skinny-Fat Girl Diary. What’s a Thanksgiving without a apple dessert that you don’t have to put in the oven?
Autumn Apple No-Bake Chocolate Tart
1 cup cashews
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp agave
1/2 cup no sugar added Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup almond milk
2 apples, thinly sliced
For the Crust
1. In a food processor combine 3 dates (make sure to remove the seeds), 1 cup of cashews, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon agave, and a splash of water.
2. Blend until it looks like oatmeal. Then pat the mixture evenly into decorative tart dish.
For the Chocolate Layer
1. Melt 1/2 cup of no sugar added Lily’s Dark chocolate chips with 1/4 cup of almond milk in a saucepan until glossy and smooth. Keep the heat low, so not to burn the chocolate.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the crust until completely covered, and let settle in a refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. (But, the longer the better!)
3. Lastly, thinly slice two apples and decorate the top any way you like. We decided to go for a rose design. Trust us, it’s easier than it looks, so don’t be intimidated!
For the Apple Configuration
1. To achieve the rose design, layer the apples in a circular pattern, starting with the larger slices around the brim of the tart dish and working your way in towards the middle.
2. Optional: Rev up that metabolism and add some additional fall flavor by sprinkling cinnamon on top.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe? Please let us know in the comments below!
Check these #SocialHeirlooms with any of the social media outlets below!